About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Burgers on the Grill

Sierra helped me make burgers on the grill Thursday night.  They were absolutely delicious.  No hummus, but I confess that on Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon I went on a total hummus binge.  And on Friday I am making a double or triple batch of hummus for my NCC Women's Retreat.  Nikki said if I made a big batcha  hummus she would make some olive dish to go with it.  And I actually love olives as much, if not more, than hummus.  In fact, the hummus binge began with a calamara olive binge, thanks to the Schnuck's olive bar.  (Fans of Fresh Market take note!)  I've never met an olive I didn't like.  To eat that is.  But lately I'm gettin' picky.  Used to like those basic canned black olives, but now they taste kind of plastic.  Thanks, again, to Schnuck's olive bar.  The Schucks over by Barnes and Noble doesn't have an olive bar.  But the one in North Normal does, and it is fabuloso! 

So, we had burgers on the grill, cole slaw, and hash browns.  I know, hash browns, gimme a break.  But that's what the kids wanted, and that's what the kids got!  The adults wanted wine, and they got what they wanted, too.  All's fair.

The kids are currently running rampant around the house with my camera, and somewhere my cell phone is beeping, indicating a message, and the radio is on, WGN 720 A.M., and we are listening to the Cubs lose to the Mets (only the 6h inning) and now...well, it feels a bit chaotic.  It is chaotic, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot as my pastor Bob would say!

Now, here's the deal.  Tomorrow I get to go to my NCC Women's retreat, in Springfield Illinois, for the ENTIRE WEEKEND, hanging out with my friend Jean as well as all many of my NCC buddies.  It's always a fun and enlightening time (my 7th year, no itches so far!) and I am looking forward to it very much.

Saturday, no blogging.  Sunday, blogging late.  But don't expect much about the retreat because (all together now....)  "What Happens In Springfield, Stays in Springfield!!"

2 comments:

Kim said...

The beeping message was Nikki, verifying our common snack of olive thingies (her part) and hummus (my part). It's gonna be GOOD!

Kathleen said...

I am already salivating. And my blog today is a similar whiskey tango foxtrot with delay reminder!

See you soon. Remember: slicker and/or umbrella.