About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ubehebe

This is a photo of Ubehebe (pronounced You Be He Be) Crater in Death Valley National Park, California.  Yesterday I had breakfast, conversation, and laughter with Curt and Kathy, friends I've known for 40 years.  For a very good reason which I shall refuse to go in to here, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it, I was retelling the story of the night I went hiking in Ubehebe Crater and got the giggles and couldn't walk out because I was laughing so hard.  I had to lie down and look at the full moon and laugh until I had it out of my system, which seemed like a very long time.  As I was reading about Ubehebe online, it did mention it's a hard hike out.  I would have to agree, especially in the condition I was in that night.




Breakfast was at the Coffee Hound.  Collectively we had 3 big cups of coffee, 4 pancakes, and a hearty bowl of oatmeal.  We saw Colleen, and spoke with her.  We reconnected and had a wonderful time.  I hope we'll get to have some hummus together someday!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Ubehebe, eh? Now that's a big bowl of hummus!