About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why I'm Late

Today I slept a little later than usual, through my blogging time which is usually 6 to 6:30-ish.  I didn't get up until 6:30 this morning.  Sierra likes to get up with me so we can have some time together, which I adore.  And this morning, after we got our hot chocolate (Sierra) and coffee (me), we snuggled up together and she asked me if she could do some typing on my computer.  So instead of working on my blog while snuggling, I helped her type a letter to her teacher while snuggling.  Here is what the letter started out saying:

April 27, 2010

Dear Miss A,
I’m having a good time at school. I’m having so much fun at recess...

After she had typed that much, she stopped and decided to change it.   Next it looked like this:

April 27, 2010
Dear Miss A,
I'm having a good time at school.  I'm having so much fun at math and science and social studies and that's all. 
Have a great day.
Love,
Sierra

Here she paused to tell me about the new program they are using in school called "Type to Learn Jr." and how when she gets to fifth grade the words they learn to type will get harder, like the word Mississippi.  We though it might be funny if she gets a teacher with the last name Issippi some day.  But I digress.

Lastly, Sierra added a postscript:

ps.  Wolf is the best dog ever.


And so helping to compose this tribute to Sisi's teacher and dog was the worthwhile cause that kept me from blogging this morning.  And now a tribute to Sierra:

April 27
Dear Sierra
I am having a great time at home.  I really love playing with you and watching you learn things and listening to you. 
Have a great day!
Love,
Mom

ps - Wolf really IS the best dog ever.