About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Hard to Blog

It's hard to blog when your ex is yelling at you on the phone and in public, calling you obscene names while you stand on his front porch to drop off kids and their security blankets.  It's hard to blog when you drop your keys and he kicks them away from you.  It's hard to blog when your daughter has been throwing up and running a fever after spending a day with your ex and you find out later that he has been yelling at her, too.  It's hard to blog when you have to ask people for help every day.

It's great when your friends are there for you, though.  This weekend I had so much support from Nikki, Willemina, Kathy, Ron, Shamelle, Ben, Connie, and Michelle. You guys are my rock and you all rock, too.

I am sitting with my girl while she plays with my new phone (you can doodle over photos!) and we watch Sesame Street and I blog.  She's home from school, of course, having run a fever yesterday.  We are just hanging out peacefully.  I love her so much my heart is breaking.  I love my son, too.  It's hard to blog when you are worried about your kids. 

If my blogging gets more sporadic, you know why. 

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

I am home now if you want to call.

ted tingley said...

I'm home to.

Unknown said...

Would you like some cinnamon muffins??

Susan Ryder said...

We are finally home too now, feeling so sad for what's been going on with the ex, you, and the kids -- and grateful for all of the wonderful peeps in your life.

The Med tomorrow evening FO SHO, after a world's-record-fast SC meeting, eh?

Collagemama said...

I am so sorry to hear this. It brings back some memories that still hurt. You are very strong, and your support circle is surrounding you with good energy. You are a good mom, and your greatest fears are for your kids. From personal experience I must say that some things are better communicated in private emails than public blogs, because your words can get thrown back at you and used to hurt your kids. Blogging is good therapy, but please be careful.

Kim said...

Everyone - thank you so much. Susan - yes, Medici tomorrow for sure. Collagemama - he does not read my blog, but thank you for you sweet concern. Even though I don't believe in a god that manipulates us like puppets, something led me to click on "next blog" that day to find you...guardian angel at work somehow.

Collagemama said...

I hope your ex is not a lawyer, and that everyone stops barfing at your house. My poor, demented dad told me he had the "dry heaves" tonight. What he really meant was he couldn't score two points shooting his used Kleenex into the wastebasket. Sometimes you shoot blindfolded and score. I'm thrilled that you posted a comment that day...