About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Boogers

The word "booger" seems to be something the kids like to laugh about a lot lately.  That's better than one of them screaming "weiner" over and over from the back seat of the car.   That's because I can actually steer the car safely when there are Booger Jokes coming from the back seat, as opposed to nearly causing a 7-car pileup when Sisi made her weiner routine debut. 

The booger thing started after we watched Despicable Me.  At one point Dr Nefario has created a bunch of Boogie Robots...he thinks that's what Gru wanted, when actually Gru asked him for Cookie Robots.  But the Boogie Robots are adorable and they dance to the song Boogie Fever.  Somehow, in the warped minds of my children (ok, mine too) we morphed that into Booger Fingers. 

The rest is backseat history.

Jeremiah's program at school the other night featured a song about Booker T. Washington.  Sierra promptly started called him Booger T. 

The possibilities seem endless.  Thank goodness for that.  Laughing about snot and farts with the kids is just fine as the highlight of any day for me. 

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the offer of a ride. Can I sit in the front seat? (fear of boogers)

ron hardy said...

The mystery of boogers has always intrigued me. The desire to say this word and find them in other places besides the nose is infinite and Fun. Boogers will outlive us all. Maybe boogers is the Holy Grail and we just don't know it. Monty Python knows.

Ellen said...

When I was little (that's a joke in itself) my cousin and I used to take a Hymnal and say the words to the title of the hymn and end it with "under the sheets".

We NEVER did this in front of our parents though.

Boogie on!!!!!