About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why I am Tired Today

I overslept this morning, turning off the alarm at 530, then losing all sense of awakeness until about 715 when the phone rang.  Here is why I am tired today:


I did that all by myself yesterday with a shovel.  In between bouts of shovelling I took a nap, ate a lot more than I normally do, and generally walked around feeling proud of myself.  Ok, wait I didn't do it all by myself.  At the very bottom of the driveway, during the neighborhood shovelling block party, my neighbor across the street came across and helped me for the last 10 minutes.  Otherwise I'd probably still be in bed!

I was so happy when it was done that I walked Wolf around the block, then got out my cross country skis and headed around the block again!  I fell down once and got snow inside my gloves which was just too much even for a winter-lover like me, so I came home and made dinner and did not venture out again.  The snow plow finally cleared our street during the night so now I have another pile at the bottom of the driveway to clear before I head out to work.  The sun is shining and it is -10 (before windchill!) and I think Wolf will just have to wait until it gets up above zero before I head around the block with him again. 

2 comments:

Susan said...

You rock woman!

Kathleen said...

We had helpful neighbors, too! Driveways and road are clear here. And path to mailbox. But sidewalks are still blocked, as some of the drifting made even snowblowers think twice.