About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Super Super Bowl

I just read in the Pantagraph that one of my NCHS high school classmates is going be a field judge for the Super Bowl!  Wow, congratulations Doug Rosenbaum.  That is amazing!  Here's the article where you can see a picture of Doug getting yelled at by an NFL coach during the regular season.

Speaking of the SuperBowl, I have not been very excited about it this year, but I have developed a fantasy about who will win the game this year, and how.

1.  Green Bay will not win, just on general principle because they are the arch-nemeses of the Bears.

2.  Big Ben Roethlisberger will not play for the Steelers (this is the guy who has been accused more than once of assaulting women and he was suspended four games during the regular season.  His suspension was supposed to be six games but he got to come back after four, for "good behavior.")    He won't play because he will be paralyzed with guilt about what he has done and realize he should sit out at least one more game, so he will tell the coach to put in the second string quarterback.  That guy will turn out to be a really nice fella with no record of bad behavior since he said the word "poop" in the second grade and had to go to the principal's office.  That guy will win the game with a Hail Mary pass in the last few seconds of the game.

The fantasy is crazy I know.  But a girl can dream, can't she?

6 comments:

Ellen said...

I suppose making him sit out 4 games assures he will NEVER do that again? Kind of like suspending a kid from school for smoking, right?

Kathleen said...

That, or Doug Rosenbaum will bench Big Ben for saying, "Poop!"

Collagemama said...

They will all be frozen to benches at the DART light rail stations and bus stops and won't be able to get to work just like the regular folks here.

Susan Ryder said...

Bad dream. Go PACK!

ted tingley said...

I played football once upon a time. I tackled a guy receiveing a punt, knocked the ball out of his hand, recovered the fumble. I ran like Chris Johnson. I made a touchdown.I threw passes
that were always caught. But they wouldn't hire me because I didn't know any swear words.

ron hardy said...

I don't like the black and yellow uniforms. They seem sinister. My number one priority is the color of the costume. I like the happy colors of the Packers, green and yellow. Those are also the colors of Sir Gawain's shield, my favorite knight. I also like a block of cheddar now and then. Go Green Bay.