About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wishes Do Come True

If you have been a reader of this blog since August you will know that Sierra has had a hankering for a wooden sled with red metal runners since she saw one for sale while we were in Holland Michigan on vacation.  Yesterday I was visiting Joe and Judy B who had a sled like that on their porch.  I mentioned that Sierra has wanted one for a while and asked if they would consider selling that one to me.  Joe said no.  What he actually said was:

No, I won't sell that one to you.  But I will give you the one like it that is up in our attic. 

Yippee!  I told Sierra I had a surprise for her but she had to wait until I got my camera ready to take her picture when I gave it to her.  She tried to guess what it was, and then seconds before I opened the trunk she started chanting wooden sled!  wooden sled!  Wooden Sled!!!!

Here is what happened next:




Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 over and over and over for one happy girl! 

Thank you thank you Joe and Judy!!!!

3 comments:

ron hardy said...

Fly like the wind Sierra, fly like the wind.

Susan said...

Just in time too! She's going to exhaust herself with sledding and joy in the next few days.

Ellen said...

Oh my gosh. Happiness aboundeth in that face.