About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Low-Key Monday

Yesterday was a typical Monday for me in many ways.  I taught a class at the Community Cancer Center, which I do once a month.  I went to the mall.  I volunteered in the library at the kids' school.

Wait, what?  I went to the mall? 

Yes, I went to the mall which is not a typical activity for me.  But I went to the mall and I bought myself some nice new PJs!  The mall was not crowded on a Monday morning, not full of pre-teenage kids or families with babies in strollers.  There were a few mall-walkers wearing tennis shoes and pumping their arms to get their heart rates up.  There were a few other shoppers buying PJs at Bergners. It was too early for the food court to be busy. 

PJs and many other items are on sale right now.  70% off of 50% already marked off, etc.  I got these PJs at a good price.  They have polar bears on them and are warm and fleecy.  I am wearing them now!

Valentine's Day is coming up and the kids and I also went to Walmart after school to pick out their valentines for their classmates.  Sierra picked out some 3D pet valentines.   Jeremiah chose Tron valentines that come with a Tron pencil for each card.  We bought some other stuff, too, including a giant box of microwave popcorn that would not fit in my kitchen cupboard until I rearranged the entire cupboard to make room for it to go in the middle shelf sideways.  Yikes.  My home is not ready for super-sized grocery purchases.
 
I remembered to buy microwave popcorn and ranch dressing and valentines but I forgot to buy kleenex.  I have had a cold for several days and now that I am out of kleenex there are rolls of toilet paper stashed conveniently around the house for nose-blowing.   I think I will make an extra effort to buy some kleenex today, the kind with lotion and aloe in the tissue so my nose doesn't get mad at me.   Because my nose is very particular about not just using kleenex vs toilet paper but it is really picky (ha!) about having the kinder gentler type of kleenex.

A few minutes ago Jeremiah peered over my shoulder to see what I'm blogging about.  He gave me that I'm sorry you don't have anything more interesting to write about than shopping for popcorn look, then went upstairs to finish his valentines. 

Trust me Jeremiah, a few days with nothing exciting happening is fine.  Restful, even.  Peaceful.  Ahhhh. 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I am thinking about your nose.

ron hardy said...

The nose knows.