About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Survive My First Official "Treasurer's Report"

As the new NCC Treasurer (I am suddenly reminded of the scene in Despicable Me when the little minion laughs HAHAHA SUCKERS! then gets his head smashed into the ceiling as he attempts to escape with the shrink ray...) I have successfully produced my first report for the Steering Committee.  It was unanimously approved by the committee last night, and they didn't even notice the little embezzling line item...oh, hi Susan!

Just kidding about the life of crime, there.   Though I have often thought I would be good at getting away with things if I were to embark on a life of crime.  What kind of crimes would I commit?  Hmmm, good question.  Dad once asked me if I were running guns to Nicaragua.  No, no I've never done that.  Nor did I ever try to bring any illegal substances in the country as the border dudes in Tijuana suspected when they searched our truck from top to bottom.  That was mostly annoying, waiting and waiting while after a month living out of the truck I was mostly dreaming of a really good hot shower just down the road.  When dude number one found my prescription motrin (before it was available over the counter and not many people had heard of it) he asked me what it was for and I said "dude, don't end a question with a preposition!"  No, really I said in a very sweet voice, Oh It's for Menstrual Cramps.  That sped the whole truck search up quite a bit as far as I could tell. 

Other crimes...well I have been caught running a stop sign I did not see, and once I got stopped in Chicago for an illegal left hand turn, but no ticket because the police person was called away to a real crime before she could finish writing it. 

Tonight I will be meeting with Susan to learn about a few more bills that have to get paid for NCC.  I think there is one called "Susan and Bob's 25th Anniversary Party Fund" and I'm pretty sure there is a "NCC College Scholarship for the Children of the Treasurer" fund, too.   After she and I figure out all this business, we will meet with Nikki, Kathy, and Caroline about the Women's Retreat coming up in April.  The planning meetings for the retreat are as much fun as the retreat itself, just shorter and so far we have never danced on the tables at the planning meeting.  But you never know what might happen.  And if it isn't illegal or immoral you may hear about it tomorrow, same time, same station.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I have had the hahaha suckers moment quite recently. And also been called a "minion" by a customer, not refuted by my boss.

Oh, and also the shrink ray experience.

Ellen said...

I'll be tuned in for this upcoming episode.

ted tingley said...

Think PONZI !

Susan Ryder said...

In honor of your first successful treasurer's report, and your successful Ponzi scheme, I made you a Wordle using words from this very blog. I am surprised Hummus is not the biggest word. I should say, REALLY surprised.

http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/3120869/Kim