About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, February 18, 2011

Heroes All

Heroes All was the name of the winter concert that Oakdale's 3rd and 4th grade classes performed last night.  This is the little hero in our family on his way home, courtesy of his sister.  I don't know what was in that bag but I'm guessing it had a lot more sugar in it than I might have allowed under normal circumstances. 



Here are the 3rd and 4th grade classes performing songs about Booker T Washington, Charles Lindbergh, Helen Keller, Albert Einstein, and other heroes. I'm not sure if you can tell how diverse this group is, but I can tell you it is a little United Nations here in Normal, Illinois.  I love that about Oakdale.  It's not your grandmother's grade school, that's for sure. 


Ok now let's review:
BEFORE TOO MUCH SUGAR:

AFTER TOO MUCH SUGAR:


BEFORE:

AFTER:


I think everyone has got it, now.  There will be a test soon.  I think the test will be mine, however, when I remind Jeremiah that he needs to write me a letter of apology this mornning for calling me a name when he got mad later in the evening.  I think it might be test time now.  It will be a test of patience.  I'm pretty sure I will get at least a C.




3 comments:

Collagemama said...

I'm betting there will be a pretest, a post-test, and a retest at least! Hang in there. If you can't remember the hero songs, you can borrow my baloney one to hum.

Ellen said...

A C???? From where I sit you usually get an A, maybe once in awhile an A- but not very often.

Kathleen said...

You might need a little bag of sugar.