About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Marcel Marceau Learns to Ski

A couple nights ago Sierra decided to become a mime.  So she did.  She just magically transformed herself in the bathroom while I was reading a book.  The next thing I knew there was a performance in the guest room. 






Last night, Sierra asked if she could use my cross country skis for a spin around the back yard.  When I said yes, she disappeared upstairs and put her whiteface back on...when I asked why she said "because that will help keep my face dry when I fall into the snow."

Ok, then.



She made it around the yard 3 times before falling into a deep drift and requiring rescue.  Then the Boy got into the act.



He, on the other hand, fell three times going around the yard once but did not require any rescue.  He figured out how to get up on his own, how to go up a small incline to get on the deck from the yard, and that once was enough when it's that durned cold and getting dark. 




Wolf waited patiently for the show to be moved indoors.  He fell asleep and did some miming of his own, imitating a dog dreaming of chasing rabbits through the neighborhood on a summer day. 

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very sweet! I am now imagining a mimed Bible story at church someday.

Ellen said...

That girl NEVER ceases to amaize me. I can't help but wonder - will there be cross country ski's in some Christmas Stockings next year?

Collagemama said...

What a hoot! Mimes on skis! Reminds me of a favorite picture book that I can't find any more, "Rabbits on Roller Skates".

ron hardy said...

It's so wonderful that Wolf dreams us into existence every day. This was one of my favorite Wolf dreams. There he is, forehead pressed against something soft. Thank you God, er, Dog. I got to see this dream and the kids were delightful.