About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Three Oscars

Oscar Number One

Today is Do A Grouch a Favor Day.

I am thinking of the fact that I have to meet with the kids' dad about various logistical issues this afternoon.  I think that I will try to see him as Oscar in the garbage can if (no, when) he makes me mad, and I will laugh (inside) like an amused 4 year old at his grumpy antics.  While attempting to keep my face in a neutral position externally.  No grouch likes to be laughed at. 


No writer likes to end a sentence in a preposition, either.




I think after the meeting is over I will find a way to release my own grouchiness about whatever transpires in the meeting without dumping it all over someone else or keeping it inside to raise my blood pressure.  I think I may run a marathon tonight.

See how happy I would be if I ran a marathon...oh wait that's not me running a marathon.  That's just during a 5k. 


Oscar Number Two

This one is for you, Collagemama

Keep humming, girl!

Oscar Number Three

Dad wants to know why I only took one picture this weekend.  I was busy for gosh sakes!  One of the things I did was to work a Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle with The Player and The Player's Oldest Son.  (My dad approves of this activity, I am sure.) We also watched a fabulous film that is not nominated for any academy awards this year.  I think it must be because Temple Grandin, which won several Golden Globe awards, was made for TV by HBO.  Claire Danes is wonderful portraying the real Temple Grandin, a woman with autism who is now a college professor in Colorado.  If you have not seen this film you should rent it and watch it.  It will make you feel completely ungrouchy! 

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Logistical issues? I can't figure out what that might be except you've been a bad girl. HA HA HA HA Sorry, the devil made me do it.

Kathleen said...

I do want to see that film! And I will be home in the afternoon for...running a 5K over to the wine store.

Kim said...

Mom, you made me laugh. Yes, that is part of the reason I have to meet with Oscar the Grouch, I'm sure.

Collagemama said...

I sure would like to just drive a weinermobile around the country visiting bloggers, poets, photographers, and folks who worry about prepositions. Hope your creative visualizations were successful at the logistical meeting. Dang, I remember lots of those "shared custody" funfests.