About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, February 7, 2011

The llama life cycle (a silly tribute to my blogging friends and family)

Once upon a time there was a howling llama who was kicked out of llama school on the vague charge of "obscenity and also tip-toeing down the hall very fast as if running."   He felt very badly about that, not realizing that calling someone a Poopy Vicuna was such a bad insult.  He figured the running was just part of his Llama-Nature and didn't worry about that.   Later he read a story called "No Naughty Llamas" which inspired him to overcome his worry about the bad mark on his permanent record.  He began to help other little llamas at the homeless llama shelter.  He became a physical therapist, a bookseller, a poet, a librarian, an artist and also moonlighted doing computer work at State Farm. 

One day he found a great recipe for hummus.  He wanted to share it with all the other llamas of the world.  But he couldn't use a food processor because his hooves were too big to push the buttons.

He asked his daughter Mountain to create a device that would let him use a food processor.  She created the first Llama Hoof-Finger Adapter made out of toilet paper rolls and glitter glue.  He found it also worked to use the blender.   He made hummus, he made smoothies, he made homemade mayonaise.  He saw a recipe for cinnamon muffins and decided to learn to make those, too, even though it did not requre a blender.  The world was his oyster!  Oops, he forgot, llamas do not like oysters.

Eventually he grew old, became a llama grandfather.  He wrote more beautiful poems.  He created more beautiful artwork.  He invited his grandchildren over for dinner and they had wonderful conversations. 

When he died he donated his wool and was transformed into Prayer Shawls and warm socks.  His life cycle was completed and in llama heaven he would look down and think, "man, I really wish we had more of those cinnamon muffins here in llama heaven!"

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Smiling big.

Ellen said...

Laughing out loud.

Susan Ryder said...

I keep searching for a mention of my blog, but alas my search is in vain. So I shall not laugh or smile.

Kim said...

Susan! You're blog about Bob's WJBC show had the link I used to listen to his interview and the headline was "no naughty dogs"...silly girl!

Susan Ryder said...

Oy. Well see, we didn't choose that title and I didn't actually "type" that title. Just linked it. So I missed it. I blame the IRS, with whom I almost had a throw-down with earlier today.

Collagemama said...

Should I start saving the toilet paper rolls for more llama inventions? You are an interesting critter, Ms. Kim.

Unknown said...

Love it!