About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The New Phone

One of the Logistical Matters that had to be attended to this week was dividing custody of the Family Phone Contract at US Cellular.  I got custody of the old plan, then promptly switched to a Single-Girl's-Line-with-Unlimited-Texting, because that's how I roll now.  Ok, it's not called the Single Girl's Line, and I'm not even a Girl officially, I suppose.  Though you would not wanna argue with Tawanna over that, now, would you?  (I'm sure she would tell me I could call my phone plan whatever I want!) 

The phone is a touch screen, which should not be that difficult for me to use.  However so far I have accidentally called Willemina while trying to plug in the phone to the charger, sworn into the speaker when I thought I had not been able to answer it but lo-and-behold!  I had answered it, so the person in question heard me say "poop" or some synonym thereof.

Is thereof a preposition?  I sure hope not.  If it is, then double-poop!

Jeremiah is obsessed with my new phone.  He has figured out just about every feature.  He has not called anyone by accident or needed to swear into the speaker, at least as far as I know.  At this very moment, when he is supposed to be getting dressed so he can play basketball this morning after we have breakfast (blueberry muffins are in the oven), he is instead taking pictures and figuring out how to assign them to my contacts. 

That's how he rolls.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

A laugh a day keeps - mom smiling anyway. HA HA HA HA HA

ron hardy said...

You are only in one-poop mode Phone Girl. It's an adverb.

Kathleen said...

1) I Wanna BE Tawanna
2) Or a Girl Who Rolls That Way
3) Double Poop, Double Poop, Double Poop Gum
4) Now get that little jingle out of your head...
5) If you are a girl as old as us...