About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Early Morning Date with Miss C

I had coffee with Miss C today...that would be my monthly date with Miss Clairol.  I had my usual 112A serving along with my coffee.  We linger for 45 minutes and then I hop in the shower and watch her wash down the drain.  I say "Thanks again!"  I say "See you next month!" 

She doesn't answer.  She's already too far gone.  Poor baby.  At least I own up to being her friend.  Some of her friends hide her in the closet, don't admit that they even know her.  Imagine how she feels.  No wonder she's so quiet.

I was working the other day with a patient who is 79-going-on-80, still running his own business that involves very heavy physical work and big equipment.  Not exactly farming but just as demanding.  He had a friend visiting him who called me a redhead.  I told him that anyone could have this color, but it works better if you are Irish.  My patient perked up!  Irish?  Yes.  He then invited me to a bar in Wapella called The Irish-something-other where on Sundays they have karaoke night.  He likes to go there with friends and he plays the harmonica.  Harmonica during karaoke?  Hmmmm.  Might need to see this.   I told him I'd go if his wife was going.  He said that would work.  So....road trip!  Kathy?  Mom and Dad?  Anyone else?  Bring your harmonicas and possibly your kazoos. And maybe some bail money. 

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yes! (I'm vaguely Irish, and maybe someday Miss C could make me a strawberry blonde!)

And should I also say here that I have a harmonica? And can make it sound like a train. And I used to have a kazoo. Where is it? (Oh, and something about the wazoo?!)

ted tingley said...

I don't think Red River Valley would go over very well.

Kim said...

Dad, that might be while we need the bail money.

Connie Lou said...

I use Miss C 110A myself. If you and I showed up to sing karaoke, we would definitely need bail money! :)

Ellen said...

Well, how much trouble can you get into in WAPELLA, for goodness sake.