About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, March 29, 2010

Some of my favorite things

Sunday I went shopping for a few grocery odds and ends, including chick peas.  To my great delight and surprise, Jewel brand chick peas were on sale for, get this, 39 cents a can.  Ok, I am trying hard not to overuse exclamation points in my writing these days, but.. 39 cents?  Exclamation point to the power of infinity here.  You can bet your tahini bikini I made some hummus outta that,

In another "to my great delight and surprise moment" yesterday, I watched Sunshine Cleaning.  I like Amy and I've adored Alan for a long, long time, but Emily Blunt is awesome.  I loved her in the Jane Austen Book Club and now I'm a fan for life.  FFL.  She's my "favotite" today. 

I also watched Julie and Julia Saturday night, more Amy Adams.  I liked that film and learning more about Julia Child.  I also enjoyed Julie's daily blogging thing which I try to do but do not succeed each day.  Life happens. 

And speaking of life happening, how about that new TV show Parenthood?   Episode 3, the Deep End of the Pool actually had me in tears.  That's not something that commonly happens when I watch TV.  Unless Jean Luc seems to be falling in love with an alien female, of course.  Them tears are REAL.

So there should be some way to bring this blog full circle.  39 cent cans of chick peas.  Emily Blunt.  Jean Luc.  Crying.  Amy Adams and Alan Arkin and Julia Child and tahini and blogs and ...the full circle is making me dizzy.   No more exclamation points until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I AM AN ALIEN FEMALE!!

Kim said...

In your dreams and poems you most certainly are.

I want to find a book called "Our Dreaming Mind" by Robert Van de Castle, PhD. I may come into BB today to see if you have it, though it's not on the website. Maybe in the cheap section? I can get it for 37 cents on Amazon (cheaper than a can of chickpeas at Jewel) but then there is the shipping. Seems so silly to pay $4 for a 37 cent book.