About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Green Foods

I confess I did not get around to making green hummus yesterday for St. Patrick's day.  I did have some leftover lamb saag which is very very green and spinachy and delicious.  And I made the kids green milkshakes in the blender.  They were amazed that I could do that.  And they like being Irish!

I ate some more of Kathleen's dill hummus, on ... well, I think I just stuck my finger in the container and swirled it around and then ate it.  Um.  No one else at the house eats hummus, and no one saw me, and I was out of crackers.  Okay, maybe the dog saw me, but he understands.

The weather was definitely spring-like, and spring will officially be here in a few days.  Green things are sprouting in my yard, including some of my bulbs, probably tulips and daffodils, and the hydrangea is showing some green tips.  And I received news that my neighbors and I are IN for "Henry's CSA" which is a vegetable coop through a local organic farmer.  Veggies start to be ready in May and it lasts late into the fall.  So stop by my house on Tuesday nights to see what we get!  Always a surprise.  Maybe something I can use in hummus!!!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Why would vegetables need to be kept in a coop? I can see why chickens need to be kept in a coop sometimes, or they would get out into the street and everybody else's yard, and at night you need to protect them from the coyotes and wolves, but vegetables don't run around the way chickens do, they just sit there in rows, growing. Now, rabbits and other varmints do eat the vegetables while they are sitting there in rows, and that's why they make rabbit coops. But...

What? What?

Oh. Never mind.

(Gilda Radner, we miss you!)

Kim said...

Have them men in little white coats been to see you yet today?

Kathleen said...

I think I ate some green food....