About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, March 15, 2010

Gummin' Hummus

I just remembered I have a dentist appointment today.  I really dislike going to the dentist.  One, I have no dental insurance so I pay for it myself and I really dislike that.  Two, it's either painful (I really really dislike that) or boring (I only dislike that a little bit.)  Three, dental assistants are very nice except that you know you have never flossed up to their standards and they keep trying to carry on a conversation while their fingers are in your mouth flossing like there is no tomorrow (I dislike both of those things moderately.)

So the good news is that hummus is something you can eat without any teeth.  That means if I can't afford to go to the dentist someday that I will still be able to eat my favorite food.  I just won't be able to eat it on crackers or in a fresh green pepper.  (I saw a photo of that today online.  It looked awesome.  I think I will make that soon, while I still have all my chompers!)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I dipped raw carrots in my dill hummus yesterday, and I definitely needed my teeth for that. But in the future, when we evolve out of chompers altogether, we can all gum hummus together. We'll gummus.

Kim said...

I dipped raw carrots in dill hummus tonight for dinner. Yum and yes, crunchy. And do you think you can get that word GUMMUS into your big black book?