About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Case of the Missing Hummus

In my efforts to keep my Gentle Reader (Note that this is singular, not plural. So far.) entertained, I was perusing my favorite big old red dictionary for hummus-related words, when I discovered a horrific fact: the word hummus is not in my favotite big old red dictionary! The horror!

Next I read through my Bible: no mention of hummus there either. (This is why I couldn't post yesterday, in addition to getting my kids off to school, working, eating some hummus, driving one kid to his dad's house after school, eating more hummus, going to a too long NCC steering committee meeting, eating more hummus, AND reading the entire Old and New Testaments or at least skimming them looking for the word hummus, I just was just plum worn out.) WHY didn't the writers mention that hummus was created on the 4th day "and it was good"? WHY didn't Jesus dip bread into hummus at the Last Supper.

Darwin does not seem to have mentioned the evolution of the garbanzo. Shakespeare's Sonnets regarding his love for hummus appear to have been lost to history.

Well, the list goes on and on, and I have things to do and hummus to eat. I hope someone will get to the bottom of this mystery!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Gentle Reader says...

That seems like a hummongous oversight on the part of God, Shakespeare, etc.

Fortunately, you are here to set everybody straight.

Just to reassure you, "hummus" does appear in my big black American Heritage dictionary, an updated version of my previously favotite big old red dictionary.

And I thank you for creating the word "favotite" which I intend to use frequently henceforth, along with the phrase "family wamily," to increase their general usage in American society and on the Internet.

I plan to have a favotite waistline as a result of eating primarily hummus and red wine for the rest of my life.

As opposed to a favatite panty line from eating too many fava beans, which are also in my big black dictionary.

Thank you for your attention to my addiction.