About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hummus Smackdown

Avocado hummus!  Sweet potato hummus!  HUMMUS PIZZA!  These are recipes I found on the web.  I think even Susan would like Avocado hummus, since she likes avocado and the recipe does not include chickpeas.  Sweet potato hummus, well, now, that is something I would not be wanting to rush out and try since I don't like sweet potatos.  At all.  The hummus pizza looked good, no doubt about it, but included regular hummus on a pre-baked pizza crust then topped with various yummies like olives, thin slices of red onion, cucumber, red pepper, and crumbled feta cheese.  That sure would be a finalist in my own personal hummus smackdown

But wait!  There is also something called Hummus en Fuego (Hummus in Fire!)  The cook/blogger heats up olive oil then adds crushed hot red pepper flakes.  She cools it, keeps it to use in various recipes, calls it FIRE OIL.  She uses that in her hummus and there you have it folks, a blazing hot version of hummus.  Call the firemen now and serve it later!  Oh, wait, I forgot to mention that she also uses walnuts in the recipe for hummus.  Forget the firemen, eat all the hummus yourself!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

OMG, I have red pepper flakes and could make FIRE OIL myself! That would mean I could legitimately call the Fire Department, right? And invite the firefighters over for Hummus en Fuego!

The hummus pizza sounds excellent, and we are going to need to do that.

Sweet potatoes are very good for you, and we need to find a way to cook them that you will like. I think sliced thin, deep fried, and salted would work. And then dipped in hummus.