About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, March 19, 2010

Hummus in a Hammock

The trampoline is up, the porch swing is out, the grill is on the deck, and the hammock has been hung.  Likewise some rope swings for the kids to pretend they are the Flying Wallendas.  I used to make the kids wear a helmet playing on them but I finally gave up on that.  You gotta choose your battles.

Last night the boy did his evening reading in the hammock.  I loved seeing that and sitting in a chair nearby while he read some outloud, then I read some to him a while.    He is reading Ella Enchanted, but I don't think we'll get to finish it before he leaves on his Spring Break trip.  Maybe I will renew it and we'll finish it when he returns, or we'll get it again in the summer.

I love these warm pre-spring days.  Equinox tomorrow.  I think I will celebrate with hummus in the hammock.  Unless it's snowing.

I did some online searching for any hummus-related holidays.  None to be found.  There are some very interesting holidays that I did find, however.  March is, among other things, "National Caffeine Awareness Month"  and this week is "American Chocolate Week."  So far, so good.  Today, the 19th of March is also "National Chocolate Caramel Day."  So today I think I will need to have some coffee (done), some chocolate and some caramel with my hummus.  In the hammock.  Enchanting!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

OMG, thank you! I did not realize this about the chocolate holidays and will do heavy celebrating today.

Also, a new hummus product occurs to me, and maybe you can get it going in time for American Chocolate Week 2011:

Hummus Creams. Dark chocolate filled with creamy hummus. So good, and so good for you.

And because the chickpea resembles the hazelnut, you can also have some Hummus Creams with a whole chickpea in the center:

Hummus Nut Creams (because Hummus Pea Creams might put people off).

And speaking of creamy hummus adventures, and hazelnuts in general, one recalls Nutello, the marvelous chocolate hazelnut butter!

Hummus Nut Butter or Hummusello? What'll it be?

And speaking of butter, remember body butter, and consider:

Hummus Body Butter
Hummus Butt Butter
Hummus Anti-Aging Cream

Please stop me.

Susan Ryder said...

Today is also "Swallows Return to San Juan Capistrano" Day. Which is so cool. They ALWAYS return on the same day, no clue why. But once, on a school field trip, we went down there to watch it happen. Sorry this comment does not include hummus. I am hummus challenged.

Kim said...

Kathleen - thank you for the wild injection of humor into my otherwise not-funny-today blog. Susan - I saw that in the holiday list, but I was looking for food holidays (more to come in future blogs.) I think the whole bird migration thing is amazing including the swallows of SJC. Humans think we are the epitome of evolution, HA!

Kathleen said...

Swallow the Hummus Day!