About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, March 12, 2010

Hummus Heads

So, I discovered that at the 2008 Fancy Food Show in New York City, the company Sabra Go Mediterranean featured a sculpture creating heads out of hummus.  Not just any heads.  No, they were of the presidential candidates Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and John McCain.

At least that is who the article I read SAID they were supposed to be.  It was pretty hard to tell looking at the photos.  Hummus not really being a sculpting medium of choice for most people. 

Marble, sure.  Wood, of course.  FIMO - you bet.  Clay- check.  Sand-  check.  Even butter-  check. (visit the Minnesota State Fair some year if you doubt me on that.)  But hummus?  Gooey and delicious and slimy hummus? 

And who would eat it afterward?  Or who would feel good about wasting perfectly good hummus.  Perfectly good until it became John McCain's nose or Hillary's ear, that is.  (Out of respect for the office of Guy Who Actually Won the Race, I'll leave B.O.'s body parts out of this discussion.)

Lucky for Sabra there's no GOP boycott of their products going on right now.  But don't let FOX News get wind of this ...

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

And have you seen Choscar, the Oscar made out of cheese?

I am now imagining our President's body part in hummus, thank you very much.

I have hummus with dill. Can you come over today and bring red wine? 3ish or so....?!

Kim said...

No I've never seen Choscar but I'd like to meet him sometime when I have PMS.

The sculptures were JUST of their HEADS. You're welcome.

Not today but another day soon?

Kathleen said...

Our President is the HEAD of State.