About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Death by Chickpea

In the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only there is supposedly an assassination using poisoned chickpeas.  So says the Wikipedia entry for chickpeas.  Then I read the Wikipedia entry for that very film, and was forced (ack!) to read about other various means of death, all involving real weapons and creepy situations, but did not find the death by chickpea scene mentioned.  Alas.  I don't think I can sit through the movie to see if it is true, due to all the forementioned real weapons and creepy situations, not to mention that none of the women in the film will look like anyone who really exists.  So, I will just have to take Wiki's word for it.

I did find, upon googling "death by chickpea" a real and creepy poem about killing a chickpea by cooking it.  Then, a very funny chat among some Brits who were responding to a question written by "Anna" who wondered if she might die from eating garbanzos that were only soaked and not cooked, and kind of crunchy.  She ate them in a salad and thought they were supposed to be crunchy but later, after tummy ache began, started to have doubts.  The general consensus of the chat responders was YES, she might die and should get her life insurance policy up to date pronto.

Other interesting posts mentioned that if you soak garbanzos and then forget about them for a few days, your house will smell like someone has died, and if you have roommates they might actually kill you over the odor.
These were referred to as chickpeas from hell.

Back to "Anna"...the girl had a good attitude and only one regret.  Since she figured she might have already eaten her last meal, a salad, she wished she had put whipped cream on it.  My kinda gal.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I hope she brought a hand-held mirror.

Kathleen said...

This blog entry says you posted it at 4:18 a.m. Is that true? I hope you were at least eating whipped cream at that hour.

Kim said...

No, it was 6:18 a.m. her in Hummusville.