About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Day Without Hummus

I didn't eat any hummus yesterday.  I seem to have survived, although I must say I don't feel that great this morning.  I have a slight headache and I look a little pale when I see myself in the bathroom mirror.  Instead of hummus, I ate:  yogurt for breakfast, ham and cheese and cantaloupe for lunch.  Hush puppies and carrot cake for a pseudo-dinner with my book group.  Accompanied by some red wine and a few swigs out of a bottle of some powerful Southern Ice Tea that, well, my pastor brought and passed around.   We all tried to drink out of the bottle by tipping it back and not moving our heads.  Pam won that contest, looking like she does it all the time.  Though we suspect if Phyllis had been present she would have beaten her hands down.

So today, will I eat hummus?  I hope so.  Though Kathleen's comment question about mixing hummus and mucus have me feeling a little queasy.  I don't know what would happen if you mix them.  I don't want to know.  I don't want to think about it.  But, like an old song you hear on the radio that you didn't really like the first time around, it might be stuck in my head.  "Tweedly-deedly-dee, tweedly-deedly dee, rockin' robin, tweet, tweet, tweet..." is one example. 

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

But how do you look in the hand-held mirror?

Kim said...

Not quite so pale.