About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Presto!

I did make some hummus yesterday upon arriving home.  First, of course, there was unpacking.  Then laundry.  A little cleaning that I neglected to do before leaving on our trip.  Then a little grocery shopping.  Amazingly I did not even have to buy any of the ingredients for the hummus as they have become standard items in my kitchen.  Though now I may be out of chick peas and will have to check on that later. I hate being chickpealess.  It just feels, well, kind of wrong, like being naked in your dreams  while at school or church. 

After that we went to get our dog.  We missed Mr. Wolf quite a lot and were very happy to see him.  He's happy to be home though I suspect he also misses his new dog-buddy Wilson. 

After all the errands I got around to making hummus.  I did not buy dill pickles, but I wanted to add something new to this hummus.  NO, not bored with plain hummus, just branching out.  I looked through the spice cupboard first.  Now, that makes it sound like I have a whole organized cupboard full of wonderful spices.  No.  What I have is a cupboard where I keep, among other things, some spices that are identifiable and others that are in little bags with no labels from Common Ground (a wunnerful place to get spices especially if you are able to label them and date them yourself which I seem unable to do).   Nothing seemed, well, both appropriate AND safe to add to my hummus.

Next I looked in the cupboard.  Nope.  Finally the fridge.  And there it was on the second shelf, the pesto!  So added a little to the hummus.  Blended.  Tasted.  No discernable change in taste.  Added a little more.  Yes, indeed.  Presto, changeo, Pesto Hummus --mmmmm!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Yum! You are magical!