About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, March 26, 2010

Petra's Inn

Petra's is a little neighborhood "Mediterranean" restaurant on Lawrence Avenue in Chicago.  Last night my friend Cindy got take out for our dinner from this place and it was quite good.  I made a dinner of appetizers:  baba ghanoush and, of course, hummus.  Both were good, eaten with pita bread.  The hummus came with a little topping of chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro, a sprinkling of olive oil, and in each corner a little piece of dill pickle with cumin sprinkled on it.  Hmm....dill pickles.  Oh, sure dill, the carminative herb!

The food was great.  My hummus drought of 4 days came to an end.  And now Sierra and I are on our way home where I will make hummus and maybe buy some dill pickles to boot!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Yay! Planning to pick you up at the train station, but not planning to bring emergency hummus, so I am glad you got your fix!