About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Very Long Day

Tuesdays are my Mondays.  At the end of some Tuesdays when I am dog-tired, I have to remind myself that this is the price of having Mondays off.  Some catching up remains to be done almost every week.  The past few weeks the work of orienting new employees has made lots of my work days long, though very enjoyable in most ways.

Yesterday was a long Tuesday but it was a good one.  Kids, work, a haircut (just an inch or so trim), kids, Jeremiah's baseball game, baths and bedtime and more work.  My reward at the end of all that was some Skype time with The Player who did not seem to mind that I was brain-dead. 

J-dude got to pitch the second and fourth innings of the game last night.  He gave up 4 runs in the second inning but struck out three in the fourth inning and no more runs scored on him.  Otherwise he played left field, struck out once, walked once and stole both second and third base.  His team lost 8-0 but there were some stellar moments for his team of mostly very inexperienced players.  One kid made a fantastic catch at second base and another made a great close play at first twisting his ankle in the process.  One inning and one ice bag later that kid was up to bat with nary a limp!  Ice is Nice!

Ok, I am not usually a complaining kind of sports mom, but let me just say this once loud and clear without a whine in my voice:  that ump was blind.  And somewhat biased in favor of the winning team.  So much so that J-dude said he's pretty sure he saw a check from the other team's coach in the ump's hand.  (Ha!)

This morning there have been some thunderstorms rolling through bringing much needed rain and wonderful rumbling sounds.  Our next game is tomorrow night so I hope the sky gets this out of it's system in time for another exciting evening of Bloomington-Normal Baseball Association fun!

4 comments:

ron hardy said...

Sometimes just seeing you is plenty of activity for this guy's brain.

Kathleen said...

Ah, summer baseball!

Susan Ryder said...

Dear Hummus Anonymous,

On a different subject ... I am afraid to admit that I am not a fan of Hummus. While a huge fan of Hummus Anonymous -- the food product, not so much.

Had the Hummus appetizer last night at Medici and actually liked it. Does this mean I am redeemable?

Sincerely,

Not Very Normal

Kim said...

Dear NVN,

For $335 I will give you a certificate that says you are redeemable, and in case of Rapture I will also take care of your pet rocks.

Love, HAHAHAHA.