About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Weekend

To celebrate Sisi's birthday the kids and I headed north to Grand Bear Lodge Friday after school.  The kids enjoyed the indoor water park and the amusement park.  I enjoyed watching them enjoy themselves.  I also did go down the crazy inner-tube slide once.  Yowza!   That was enough spinning around and going fast for the next year for me.  My inner ear must be getting old.



I did go on this ride once with the kids, too.  No spinning.  My kind of ride.  They, however, think it is boring.  Because of course there is no spinning. 

Here is the birthday girl, apparently having a pretty good time.


Today is Mother's Day, as you all well know.  I bought myself a Mother's Day gift of some flowers and spent part of Saturday afternoon planting them in pots on the deck.  I put a few new perennials in the flower bed around the deck, too.



I bought some phlox, sweet william,  delphinium, pansies, petunias, verbena, lobelia, and this beauty:




Nothing says "Happy Mother's Day" like a beautiful hibiscus.  And I also brought some of these babies in to make my kitchen smell like Mother Nature's Love:


4 comments:

ted tingley said...

Happy Mothers Day in your new flower garden.

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday girl, and Happy Mother's Day to you. I did some planting, too! My lower back resembles your inner ear. Er....

Ellen said...

Beautiful flowers - LOVE to bring a bouquet of lilacs insdie.

Collagemama said...

Glad you had such a fun weekend.