About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Scattered Seeds

It's my little sister Connie Lou's birthday...happy birthday Sis!

It's also Clean Up Your Room day.  The holiday website says we can get out shovels and order dumpsters if necessary.  They might be spying on my household.  I think that might be in order.  The website also says parents have to clean their rooms, too. 

Oh.

It is another beautiful day in May here in central Illinois.  The rain and thunderstorms we have been told to expect by the Weather Channel are still only rumors, false advertisements, and potential green areas on future radar maps.  I planted more flowers yesterday (nasturtiums, columbine, balsam and morning glorty seeds) and some herbs (cilantro and basil).  My deck is starting to look pretty fine.  I'd take a picture and show you, but J-dude pushed everything up against the house under the overhang to protect it from the alleged thunderstorms we were supposed to be getting overnight. 

In a somewhat split-personality moment yesterday I bought some organic ground beef (no chemicals, hormones, etc.) at The Jewel, then proceeded to cook it with Hamburger Helper...Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper.   It was really really good.  I don't think it was the organic beef that made it taste so good.  No, I'm pretty sure it was the unnatural ingredients in the spice pack inside the cardboard box.  Yes, I'm almost positive.  Possibly some sowbelly was in there, too.

Today's big red dictionary word combination:  Corruptible Cosine.   For you math-challenged gentle readers.    That would not, repeat NOT be the birthday girl.  Love you Connie Lou!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

You are too much. You should of been a "STAND-UP COMIC" You could of had your kids help you too.

Kathleen said...

I'm smiling at your Sowbelly Helper meal! We have been cooking out in the new summer weather.

Yes, yes, Kim could be a stand-up Blogic!

Happy Birthday to Connie and Bel Kaufman.

ted tingley said...

J does good work!

Kim said...

Kathy, I cannot cook out unless the recipe calls for dried grass and starling eggs.

Connie Lou said...

Thank you, Kim! I am cracking up at trying to picture a corruptible cosine!