About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oyster Hoagies and Margaritas

Today is of course Cinco de Mayo, more commonly known in the US as a day to drink margaritas.  (Sisi's teacher was pronouncing cinco as kinko and Sisi said she had to set that woman straight!).  It is also Oyster Day and National Hoagie Day!  So make sure to partake of all three or at least any of the three that interest you.

Sorry Dad, so far no National Rhubarb Day has been found.  It should be a priority right after Hummus Month gets established.  Or perhaps we should try some rhubarb hummus.  That would go great with an oyster hoagie!

Excuse me, I actually feel a little bit ill right now....
*****
Ok, back again, with bad food combinations cleared from my brain.  Oh no, wait a rhubarb margarita just popped into my head.  Ack!

I'm envisioning a holiday called "Bad Food Combinations Day" coming up soon. 

Onion ice cream anyone?

6 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Dear lord woman, get a grip!

ron hardy said...

Onions, garden peas and peanut butter.mmm

Kathleen said...

Ew, ew, ew. Actually, rhubarb margaritas sounds pretty good.

ted tingley said...

I'n not hungry right now or maybe the rest of the day.

Ellen said...

No one mentioned peanut butter on balogna or pickles on a peanutbutter sandwich?

Collagemama said...

The concept of ketchup on raspberry sherbet always made the fingernails of my stomach scrape the blackboard.