About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Firepit

The new firepit finally got put to good use yesterday evening.  The kids insisted we make smores.  They even helped me cut the grass, finished their homework early, and subjected themselves to a trip to the grocery store to buy the firewood, the grahams, the mallows, and the chocolate.

We had a lengthy debate in the candy aisle about what size Hershey's bars to buy.  I had to convince the kids that the biggest thickest bars were not the best choice.  I think I only won because, well, I was paying. 

We didn't really have time to make a long-lasting fire to sit around and enjoy, so we made a mini-fire that burned just long enough to roast the mallows:



Jeremiah gave our smores a very good review:


Yes that is a little bit of prarie grass peeking out from under the grill lid.  The danged starlings laid eggs in the grill before I could relocate the nest.  I have the grill cover, and a new evaporator bar to put in there as soon as those little ones are ready to fly away.  In the meantime, we can roast our hotdogs over the firepit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

S'mores??? Awesome!! You're the coolest mom ever! :) Hey, next time, try a Reese's peanut butter cup in place of the Hershey square in your s'more. Divine.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for not roasting the starlings!

Yum about the s'mores. And the Caroline s'mores!

ted tingley said...

I think I will practice making smores. Maybe I can gain a little weight.