About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Champagne and Candlelight

Wow...I don't even usually like champagne but I seem to have overcome that last night as we celebrated Sweet P-Dub's birthday at our book group meeting!  We did talk about a book, and we did have a wonderful evening.  The conversation went late enough for us to light candles and sit on Pam's beautiful deck and I am glad to say that no hummingbirds were harmed in the popping of champagne corks.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.    And later yesterday afternoon I found out that I do not have to be at a work meeting at 8:00 this morning!  I don't have to show up until 9:30!  A gift of an hour and a half, which I spent sleeping.

I did get up at about 3:00 and while I was up Wolf thought it might be a nice time to go outside.  So I went outside with him.  The sky was amazingly clear and I did some stargazing, though without my glasses on I wasn't sure exactly what constellations were looking back down at me.  I was amazed because, again, we have avoided any rain during what was expected to be a week full of thunderstorms.  Nary a drop nor flash nor rumble.  But today...we will see!  "Some storms may be severe." has been the mantra of the week. 
Some storms may never appear.  Not that I'm complaining about the lack of severe weather, no no no!

I'm not complaining about anything, in fact.  Life is good.  The Cubs beat St. Louis 11-4 and Matt Garza the team cheerleader got the win.  So you know I'm feeling the love,

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Feeling the love right back.

Susan Ryder said...

And no champagne headache this morning!

Thanks for an amazing night ... was not what I expected and was so grateful for it.

Connie Lou said...

Our weather forecast is calling for "..a chance of thunder." WHAT?

Collagemama said...

I like your stargazing without glasses.