About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, May 16, 2011

Two Red Things

Red thing number one.  The gift that The Player To Be Named Later sent to Sisi for her birthday. 

The Player said he was sending some red hedgehog slippers for Sisi.  They arrived Tuesday but when Sisi opened the package she claimed that The Player does not know his animals very well.  Sisi says they are lady bug slippers.  I decided we should just call them red ladyhedgebughog slippers and be done with it.  Here is what they look like, you can decide for yourself:



Here is a closer look:


Red thing number two:  bandana-pinata.

On Wednesday night I was looking for my red bandana to wear to the book group meeting. Red bandanas were featured headgear in the book we read.  I could not find my bandana and then later I remembered that Sisi had made me a Mother's Day pinata of sorts featuring one very versatile red bandana.





I took a couple swings at the pinata but Sisi is the one who managed to whack it wide open and spill out the contents, which I believe were the dregs of last fall's Halloween candy.  The bandana is still missing but at least I know it's last known whereabouts and might be able to locate it one of these days.

I didn't blog this weekend because The Player to be Named Later and I were busy with continued negotiations at an undisclosed location somewhere between Akron and Normal.   But now I'm back with some catching up to do here on Blogger.  I noticed that I won Versatile Blogger Award in my absence.  Hot diggity dog!  

Right now I must catch up on parenting and getting little people to school.  Hasta la vista, gentle readers!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Maybe it should have been the Versatile Bandana award! Or the Versatile Hedgebughog award.

Collagemama said...

Like the possible permutations and combinations for versatile hedgehogs and bandanna ladybugs. Good luck with the negotiations!