About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, May 9, 2011

Lost Socks

The Bizarre and Wacky Holiday Website is really stretching today.  It is Lost Sock Memorial Day.  Now I can see a day to look for lost socks, or throw out those socks you know are never going to have their mate back, or even match up non-matching socks that you might be able to wear together without causing an uproar.  But a memorial day to lost socks?  Are they assumed to be dead if they are not found by May 9th each year?  I think Sisi's sock drawer IS a memorial to lost socks.  If I could only get across her room to check it:

Lions and tigers and bears Oh My!


Lost socks seem to be the least of our worries in this room.

Today I will be tackling clutter throughout my home.   I think this may be a good place to start.  Then if I have time I will build a memorial to Lost Socks.  

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Maybe you could have a Lost Sock Memorial Tree now that Easter is over. HA HA HA HA HA HA

Kim said...

That is a great idea!

Kathleen said...

Loving the tree idea! Some dangling (esp the lost-partner socks) and some rolled up!

But wait! (Logic clicks in.) Wouldn't that tree be bare?!

ted tingley said...

I can accept the guy who wears different socks
but how about the guy who wears different shoes.
One was a tie shoe and one was a loafer.


When I told my friends and my wife they promised not to laugh. So much for promises.

Collagemama said...

I think there should be teeny tiny dryer ornaments, and garlands of dust bunnies.

Collagemama said...

Wait!
Two shows daily
at the
Lost Sock
Puppet Theatre