About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Morning Surprise

Just as I was ready to sit down and blog this morning, a sound from behind the bathroom door:  Mom?! 

Sounds like a boy in distress.  What do you need J-dude?

The toilet is overflowing and water is everywhere. 

Not music to a mother's ears on a Saturday morning, or anytime for that matter.

Five towels, a plunger, a snake, a bucket, lots of cleaning products and a giant garbage bag later, we found the cardboard from a TP roll in the toilet.  Aha!  Problem solved.

I mentioned to the J-dude that having to help me with this odious task would perhaps deter him from accidentally dropping things like that in the toilet in the future.  But his reply was that it was kind of fun.

Ok, that freaked me out.  Until he said it was fun because we were doing it together.  Ok, then.  But I will not be coming along on your job as a plumber, son.  I will cheer you on from home via phone if necessary. 

The bathroom is unbelievably spotless and sterile now after cleaning up. 

4 comments:

Susan said...

Holy crap!

Kathleen said...

I agree with Susan, and it also seems to be a comment on the end-of-the-world predictions.

ron hardy said...

We will all be drawn up from the bowels of despair by the plunger-like hands of God. He does move in Mysterious ways.

Collagemama said...

Had to use the plunger at work once this week. Always makes me feel omnipotent. Then I give the preschoolers my sermon, "Blessed are they that use the minimum amount of t.p. truly necessary."