About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, May 28, 2011

To Market To Market

It's Saturday morning and we are about to head out to the Farmer's Market.  It is the 3rd week this year of the Downtown Bloomington Market but the first weekend that we will be going.  The Player is here for the holiday weekend and he will be joining us for some meandering around the square.  (Right now he is catching up on some ZZZZs as he got in very very late, or actually very very early this morning.) 

We will not be taking Wolf to the Market as last year he attempted to mark all of Downtown Bloomington as his own personal territory.  That included some al fresco diners' shoes and various flower planters around town.  I think Wolf might actually be banned from the Market.

I don't know what's in season right now except that it SHOULD be rhubarb but it's not.  This year I am not the only one who was unable to ripen their rhubarb properly.  After visiting 3 grocery stores last weekend in search of the stuff I was told by the cute produce guy at Schnucks (that would be the Schnuck's in Normal in case any of you single female followers are interested) that no one has rhubarb due to weather-related problems.  So, Dad, it seems that the rain  did hurt the rhubarb after all. 

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

We must have just missed you! There is still asparagus + many wonderful greens + radishes. Did you see the Easter Egg radishes? Plus cheese--goat cheese, but not drunken, and Ropp cheese. I got green onions and a celadine poppy. Plus a veterans poppy! Plus, did you see the PIES?! Any chance I could see the Player this weekend? I will be out planting my poppy and picking up gutter goop today!! Come on over.

Susan Ryder said...

So, will we see the player tomorrow?

Kathleen said...

Yes, I could see him in church if you are otherwise occupied on this indoor rainy day....

Susan Ryder said...

I am guessing, since she has not replied to either of us, she is definitely busy with indoor activities ...

And my magic code word is "flealize" - love it!