About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, May 27, 2011

Bats in Hats

I bought a little plastic drain for the bathroom sink last week which turned out to be too big to fit our sink.  So I just stuck it in a drawer in the bathroom.  The next thing I knew, it had turned into a sombrero for Sam, the Bat:


Well, whaddya know?  I wonder who did that?

Other things I am wondering about:  when will it stop getting so cold at night that I have to wear winter jammies and think about turning on the furnace again? This morning's indoor temperature is 66 degrees Fahrenheit.  Yowza!

Fairview pool opens this weekend for the season.  The air temps are supposed to be warm tomorrow, but that water in the pools is going to be pretty durned chilly.  I'm thinking trashy summer novel before I'm thinking water slide for mom!  Way way before.  Maybe weeks.  We shall see.





Here is a short video of J-dude pitching during Tuesday night's game.  Thursday's game was cancelled due to weather.  I think the fields were just too wet to play since it wasn't actually raining during game time.  J-dude had a big homework assignment due today that he had to finish before game time.  He finished with about 30 minutes to spare.  I found out the game was cancelled when he had about 1 question left to answer on his sheet.  Bummer.  But then he got to goof off the rest of the evening so...oh, wait, no he had to clean his room.  Man, I am the meanest mom ever. 

Good thing I have those pool passes.  I might get reinstated as a not-so-mean mom this weekend. 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the video! What fun! Fond memories of my daughter pitching, catching, and playing second over the years! And watching son play in various parks around town! By day or by night, with lights!