About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, May 23, 2011

Lucky

I felt plenty lucky yesterday morning even before I found a lucky penny in the chair where I was sitting during the morning adult education class at church.  I felt plenty luckier when I pulled the penny out of the side of the chair cushion and saw it was heads up in my hand.  I am superstitious about lucky pennies.  If they aren't heads up I don't think they are good luck at all.  So I leave them heads up for the next person to find.  But this one was a keeper.

I was then even more surprised to discover that today is Lucky Penny Day according to the Bizarre Holiday Website!  What luck! 

I do feel lucky almost all of the time.  Also grateful and blessed.  And today is another beautiful sunny day and I will be getting to spend it with my parents who are healthy and my kids who are healthy.  My flowers are blooming. 

The unhappy gardening news is that the rhubarb went to seed before it ripened enough to harvest for a pie.  So today, to make my dad feel lucky, I will be in search of rhubarb in the grocery stores.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Good luck on the rhubarb. I wonder if the early seeding is due to our double-start spring and/or global warming. Someone was telling me yesterday that the two-degree general rise in the world temperature has already caused more varieties of mold and fungi to grow here in the Midwest, causing more allergic reactions, etc. The newly allergic definitely need some lucky pennies heads up in their path, eh?

ron hardy said...

I have a variation on the penny wish. When I split a wishbone with someone I wish for their wish to come true.