About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sliders

Last night the little people walked in the door at about 5:00 and decided to make their own dinner.  They made black bean tacos and ate them, then went off to their rooms to either 1. do homework (that would be the 4th grader) or 2.  attempt yet again to clean off the floor (that would be 2nd grader with no homework on a holiday week.)  After that they begged me to let them put a mattress on the steps going from the living room to the family room and slide on it.  Since they had been so responsible earlier in the evening I said Yes as along as they put the mattress back (on my bed) after they were done. 


This really is as much fun as it looks.  And you should try this at home.  Don't even ask your parents, just go ahead.






Wolf wisely just meditated and prayed without ceasing for everyone to return to their senses while all this was going on:


Me?  What did I do? 
I had to get downstairs to fold laundry.  Or something.  I'm sure.


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

That would make laundry fun! (Is there a way to slide up, with basket?!) I look forward to meditating with Wolf.

Ellen said...

I'd write someting but can't quit laughing long enough. WHAT FUN your house is.

Susan Ryder said...

You really are the coolest mom ever!