About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Goodbye Leaves

I think I've used the grill for the last time this year.  I haven't put it away yet because I need to clean out the shed to make room for it.  Bring out the sleds and snow shovel  and sweep a bit.  Then I have to make room for the porch swing, the plant stands, deck table, and the grill. 

I don't like putting the grill away.  Mostly because I like cooking on it.  But once it's put away it means I am seriously expecting fall to end soon.  Not that I don't like winter, no I do.  But you all know about my love affair with autumn and now it's almost over for another year. 

The leaves got raked and blown to the curb yesterday, courtesy of Francisco, and the leaves got jumped on and flattened out, courtesy of Jeremiah and Sierra.  The giant leaf vacuum should be by this morning to take them away, courtesy of our town tax dollars at work for us.  Everyone has been so courteous about the leaves but I still don't like to see them go.

I know I'll get over it.  In a few weeks we will have our first snow and the kids will be out in snow pants and coats and sledding.  I will have a crush, a short-lived crush, on Winter.  Then I'll sit around and wish he'd leave so I could get the grill out again. 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

The leaves are very beautiful now, aren't they. That poignant time is upon us.