About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Flap Your Doodle and Chitty Your Bang Bang

Last night Jeremiah and I played a game called Flapdoodle.  It's a silly game that mostly involves doing or saying silly things to get to move your player across a game board.  The rules say for 3 or more players.  Did that stop Jeremiah and I from playing on our own when no one else (Sierra?  What are you doing?  Oh, you found the glitter glue pens I had saved away to use on a rainy day?  And you're creating Christmas tree designs?  Ok, then...) would play with us. 

We had to say the alphabet as fast as we could to see who could finish first...I got that one by a letter!
Jeremiah had to hum a song while I took my next turn...he hummed Jingle Bells, in case you were wondering.
I had to pretend to sleep and snore during one of his turns.
Jeremiah had to wear a sock on one hand and keep the other one behind his back while he drew his next card.
And so on.
Then I got this card:

Take off your shoes and name one of your big toes Gus and the other one Earl.  Make your toes have a conversation about potato chips.

I don't know who thought up that game card, but I am almost certainly related to them. (Connie?  Moonlighting again?)

I can't remember who won the game, I think it was a tie.

Next we danced in the living room to songs we picked from Playlist.  Mama can still shake it to the music the kids pick.  That will last only a few more years, though.  Last night we played "let's get this party started" followed by "unbelievable" then "thriller" and just for wolf we played "who let the dogs out."  Wolf wasn't dancing.  He was still working on that Flapdoodle card that says "pretend to sleep and don't forget to snore."

Then Jeremiah wanted to play one more song.  And knock me over with a feather, he picked "Chitty chitty bang bang" from the movie, sung by Dick Van Dyke.  Where he heard the song I don't know, as we've never watched the movie.  But that was one of my favorite childhood books, and only later did I find out that Ian Fleming, the author, was famous for writing the 007 books.

The party ended with a movie (Flicka 2) and Sierra sobbing with a box of kleenex in her lap at the end of it.  Tears of joy and maybe a little bit sad when I said only 1 root beer float.

Then we shook our booties into bed and fell asleep!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

What fun! Definitely a great game! Thanks for inventing it, Connie! Who knew?! Thus, Internet rumors become facts. Fox News!

Ellen said...

WHAT FUN INDEED. Your two kids are so lucky to have a mom like you.

I wish someone could of taken a picture of you shaking your bootie and Wolf dancing too. Life seems very boring here after reading that.

Connie Lou said...

At least I can get credit for SOMETHING...because we all know Pet Rocks were really MY invention. LOL!