About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

McFlurry Wars

I hit the Snooze button on the alarm this morning, gave myself a little more shuteye.  The kids, however, are waking up plenty early with the time change.  Sierra lamented that it is no longer dark when she wakes up.  She wants to get up even earlier.  That girl scares me sometimes.  So between the later sleeping on my part, earlier rising on the part of the little people, I have much less time for blogging this morning.

So, blog later! you are probably thinking.  Ha. Ha.  No.

I blog when I wake up, drinking that first cup of coffee, which I'm doing now.  I blog when the house is quiet, which it is now only because squabbling factions have been separated and the shouting has died down.

Yesterday after school Sierra got spitting mad when she heard that Jeremiah, who had a doctor's appointment for a checkup, had gotten his flu shot while there, then was treated by his mother (that would be me) to a McDonalds McFlurry. 

Last night Jeremiah had about a half-hour of being one of the sweetest children who ever graced the face of Planet Earth.  He talked about growing up and if he became a professional athlete, he would buy me a condo or house in the town where he plays.  He would make sure I got to sit in the dugout with the team if the sport was my beloved baseball.  He would get Sierra airline tickets and front row seats if she wanted to attend any away games.

Sierra wasn't buying that line, however.  She was still holding out for a McFlurry.

This morning, however, she seems to be more interested in a pancake.  Thank goodness.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a sweet boy. I hope he does become a professional athlete. He might want to provide tix to some of his mom's old buddies for some of those games.

And I'm sure that Sierra will get a McFlurry when she gets her flu shot, too.

Kim said...

Yes, Kathy, that logic would seem to be adequate. But you know better.

Ellen said...

Jeremiah, you are an O.K. kid.