About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, August 27, 2010

To Do Lists

Jeremiah brought home a book from school yesterday, on loan from his teacher, his new favorite teacher ever because of her policy on re-taking tests.  The book was called 1000 Places to see before you Die, the US and Canada version.  I counted and I have been to 142 of them.  I consider myself fairly well travelled in the US at least, and have been to Canada a couple times too.  But that left 758 places left I've never seen that are recommended by...the authors of the book, I didn't get inquisitive enough to see who they are...and I don't think I'll make it to most of them in the years I have left.  Before I Die...what a creepy title.  I guess it's the whole Bucket List thing.

There are places I want to go before I kick the bugkit...
Italy
Barcelona
Greece
My Own Private Caribbean Island
On a date with a man again, just once, out to dinner...

See, I have a pretty reasonable, short list.  Or short, anyway. 

And...several places on the list of 142 where I've been I would like to revisit.  Wrigley Field, of course.  The Canadian Rockies.  In fact, if I had lots of money I'd like to stay at the Lake Louise hotel.  Instead of just sneaking into it and using their pool, hot tub, and lobby on a rainy day when I was camping nearby.  Oh yes.

Well these are things I could do with time and money and some effort.

Here are somethings I'd like to see but can't control whether I will or not:

Cubs win a World Series.
Peace in Middle East (then I would add that area of the world to my travel list!)
What the heck...peace in the whole world

Which of those is more likely?  Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

When you have a lot of money and can pay for my ticket, I would like to go with you.

Once we are there, we can find a man. For you.