About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cool!

It's cool outside now, in the 50's in the mornings.  I am so happy to feel that coolness in the air.  I sleep so well with the windows open and the sounds of the campus bell waking me at 6 a.m., followed by the neighborhood dog that barks at the sound of the bell.  Does Pavlov live in my neighborhood?  Oh wait, that was salivating, not barking. 

Well, perhaps that neighborhood dog does salivate as he barks.  Who knows?  Inquiring minds don't much care about that one today.

I have not spent as much time in the back yard this summer as usual.  Mostly because it's been too durned hot and humid.  But now, it's time to buy chairs to match that new table I got from my parents earlier this year, so that I can sit outside and enjoy my back yard.

My flowers around the deck didn't fare too well this year.  A nosy dog looking for critters under the deck is probably to blame.  I forgive him.  No critters is worth it.  Next year I'll plant a little differently.  I think I will use more pots on the deck for flowers and plant some hardier specimens in the ground.  Next year...thinking like a true Cubs fan!

The Cubs haven't contacted me for the job as manager since Lou Pinella stepped down on Sunday.  He had promised to finish the season as manager, but then his mother became very ill and so he stepped aside to spend time with her and now they have an interim manager who is not Kim Tingley.  Imagine!  Well, this new guy, Quade, I think was the 3rd base coach before.  Sure he knows how to tell the runner at 2nd whether to stop at 3rd or go on home. Big deal!  I could do that.  And Quade is very bossy...he is always out there giving signs to the defense to move here, do this, do that.  I'm used to Lou just sitting on his unhappy behind looking out at his team and doing...nothing....  But I could be bossy, too, if that's what they want.  

With Quade at the helm they've been winning too.  Of course they have played only against the Washington Nationals, one of the other bad teams in the National League.  But Friday they play the first-place Reds, and so we will see what Quade can do against a team like that.

I may have a job offer by Sunday, which would also be Very Cool.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Let's discuss a back-up business plan.