About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

National Snores Day

My blog feels, well, a bit stale lately.  Like maybe it should be examined for mold like a loaf of bread that has been setting out on the counter a few days longer than it should.  Or like milk that you are afraid is going to smell bad when you open it.  I guess life has been a bit routine and I also haven't had the camera out since I got those great photos of Chris with the vegetables. 

So again I'm up early, kids are not awake this time, and I'm thinking, Um.  What.  Should. I. Write. About. Today?

It IS the last day that Susan will be in her 40's.  That's exciting.  No need to go on and on about it though.  There will be blogs about that later in the week, after the big party on....oops, it's a secret.  Not from Susan, but if anyone is reading this and thinks...There Is A Party and I Wasn't Invited?  then no, there isn't really a party.  But I'm pretty sure that everyone who reads my blog and is able to attend has been invited.

Today, August 10th, is also National S'mores Day.  Now there is something to celebrate.  But even better, Friday is "Blame Someone Else Day."  That sounds like a holiday most everyone can enjoy.  Especially our beloved politicians.  But don't get me started.

I know it's still a bit dry and boring. Wait, is someone sleeping in the back row?  Dang.

This week is also the peak of the Perseid meteor shower.  And it's a new moon tonight, the start of the month of Ramadan by the way.   If we hadn't had a stunning thunderstorm last night I might have dragged my happy behind out of bed and looked for the shooting stars.  But the thunder, lightening, and rain on the roof were nature's show for August 10th early morning hours this year.  And a fine show they were.  I felt happy for my plants out in the yard because they've been suffering in the heat and needed a nice long cool drink of water.
 
Possibly it's just been too hot to be funny or clever.  I hereby declare today to be Blame The Weather Day.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

A PARTY and I wasn't invited? Gosh, Well, Happy BIrthday tomorrow ANYWAY, Susan.

Ellen

Kathleen said...

Oh, thank god for the rain, for a blaming holiday, for people turning 50, for s'mores and snores. Thank god, and Ellen and Theodore, for you!