About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sick Day

On Thursday evening Jeremiah was coughing.  Friday during the night he woke up and was coughing.  At 6:30 in the morning when he got up he was coughing even more.  And wheezing.  And not looking like his usual energetic self.   His temp was 99.9 so I figured we were on our way to some find of horrific infection somwhere. 

Doctor T told us it was just ("just"?) his asthma.  No infection.  We are back using a nebulizer every 4 to 6 hours, something we haven't had to do in a couple years.  In fact, I had put the nebulizer away (Note to self:  don't do that again.) and it took me a while to find it. But find it I did, and Jeremiah and I spent the rest of Friday watching The Blind Side, playing chess, playing backgammon, playing Battleship, and reading.  And doing his nebulizer treatments.

This morning he is still coughing, of course, the doctor said it would take a few days to get better, but he is smiling so I know he is feeling better.  A few minutes ago I went upstairs to the room where he and Sierra are watching TV and found them watching Blues Clues, which they haven't watched since they were very little. 

Yesterday while waiting for the doctor to come into the exam room, Jeremiah sat down on my lap.  He barely fit.  ARGH!  He and I decided he'll only be able to do that one more year.  After that, there just won't be room.    So, while I'm sorry he is not feeling great, it was delicious to have that day together.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

You are a good mother.

Kathleen said...

Yes, you are. Hope he feels all the way better soon.

Susan Ryder said...

Awww, poor little guy. Glad you had a nice mother-son day though. Hope he feels better soon.