About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pure Michigan

Monday after some breakfast and some pool time, we decided to hit the beach. 


That red flag means "Dangerous Conditions No Swimming!"



Here are my kids, ignoring that rule like everyone else on the beach was ignoring that rule.  Guideline.  Suggestion.  Dire warning.  Take your pick.  Or pick them all, it's that kind of vacation. 

After safely playing in the water as long as they stayed within a couple feet of shore, Sierra started to drift out further and had to be hauled in by...me.  So we played in the sand instead.  Big beautiful waves but just a little too rough for the likes of us.  Today promises to have smaller more friendly waves so we will try again to swim if the flag is green or even yellow.  But not if it's red.  Especially that shade of red, which I now call "Don't Be An Idiot Red."

We drove through downtown Holland and found the bookstores.  There are three of them!  Jeremiah and I plan to hit them all.  But not today.

Today we are going to Saugatuck Sand Dunes State Park where we are going to play and hike in ... duh...sand dunes.  Then in the afternoon we will try to swim at Holland State Park again.  But not if we see that DBAI Red flag!

Last night I got the great idea we should drive to the beach and see the sunset.  We arrived too late for the actual sunset but enjoyed some dusk-time at the beach.  And look, the kids were wearing...their PJs!!!



No sailors at this beach, thank goodness.  Otherwise I'd probably have had to rescue Sierra again. 



Tongiht we hope to get to the beach in time to see the actual sunset.  Also today we are looking for a different hotel, because LOOK at THIS!


Peeping Bears! 

No comments: