About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, August 30, 2010

People, Places, and Things

Yesterday I played the first minute of the I Have a Dream speech for my kids and all I told them was, "this is someone famous from history, who do you think it is?"

Immediately Jeremiah said, "That's easy!  Martin Luther King Junior."

"How did you know?"

"I don't know, I just knew it was him."

Well, ain't that divine!

Sierra made me a man yesterday.  She did not fashion it out of clay and blow the breath of life into it, though someday if she manages a miracle like that I will be the first to say "I'm not at all surprised."  No, my new man is made from Legos.  In fact his name is Legoman.  He has a tuxedo with a bow tie:



and he has a regular necktie for less formal occasions.



I think Sierra might be teaching him to ballroom dance, too:


That's good, because I wouldn't want him to step on toes or knees as the case may be. 

Yesterday afternoon we relaxed and watched the Cubs (that would be Jeremiah and I), a movie (that would be Sierra).  We read and wrote a little bit.  Jeremiah wrote a little bit about some of the places he'd like to visit, from his book 1000 Places to See Before You Die:  he picked The Grand Canyon, the Sears Tower, San Antonio River Walk, the Georgia Aquarium, and Soldier Field.  Sierra wrote something completely unintelligible, (but I'm sure it was brilliant), and when I pointed out to her that I could not read her handwriting at all, she said she would just read instead.  So she read a book about Oceans, then created Legoman. 

I did notice Legoman is missing some of his man parts, and also looks like he needs surgery for his knee and to separate his Unifoot into two.  Until then his dancing will be a bit...interesting to say the least.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Your kids are amazing.

Hmm, man parts, eh?

Kim said...

I may have found the missing man parts. See this article in the Pantagraph entitle "Village Hosts World Testicle Cooking Championship". I hope there was no testicle hummus....gag!

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/weird-news/article_0a6fc44e-b438-11df-bcc0-001cc4c002e0.html

Kathleen said...

Literally.