About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Perfect Beach Afternoon

Yesterday the weather, the winds, and the waves were all perfect for swimming at Holland State Park.  The flag was actually only at Yellow, which is still a caution, but the swimming was great.  The waves were big enough for short people (i.e. kids) to play in and have fun but not dangerous.  I decided if the flag ever gets to green we might be bored with the swimming as I'm guessing that means no waves at all.

Jeremiah played a little beach volleyball while Sierra and I discovered the snack bar has 26 flavors of soft serve ice cream!  She had hurt her lip by accident with her sand shovel toy and we decided that some cold ice cream might be just the right cure.  She had a big vanilla/chocolate twist cone.  Then later on the way out to the car we call stopped again and she had another bowl, this time Strawberry.  I had Blueberry and Jeremiah opted to try the twist.  Yum.  Really good ice cream!  We will visit that snack shack again today I'm guessing.

Mostly we played in the waves.  For hours.  I am actually experiencing muscle aches today (upper back and shoulders) from all the exercise.  Jeremiah seems fine but Sierra is just wiped out.  She said a while ago, "I just don't want to do anything."  Well, I know that will last for another hour or so then she'll be raring to go again.

It looks like another beautiful beach day today!!!  And Francisco should arrive in time to join us at the beach, so that will give Me.  A.  Little.  Break.  From.  Lifeguard.  Duty.  Smile.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Well, I bet Francisco heard about the soft ice cream. Man that does sound good.